Boost Registration for Elementary School from 5 to 70 Students
Client Brief: A New Christian School located in Orange County, California with 5 students on a mission to make Christian education affordable and accessible to families in the local area.
Situation: With 5 students in one classroom, one teacher, and one substitute teacher, there was hardly any marketing that was possible. There was a desperate need to get the word out and evince interest while increasing brand awareness online.
The primary objectives were to focus on generating student interest & attracting qualified teaching staff in the target demographics.
The Director of Marketing was on a mission: She was trying to make the school and the objectives a bigger part of the story. But she realized her marketing team lacked the tools to scale. She needed a solution to help them generate leads online.
- To boost website find-ability and spread brand awareness in target markets online, while attracting parents looking for an affordable Christian education for their children.
- To brand the school as an attractive place to work to increase teacher inquiries.
What we’ve done:
- A website with target-driven landing pages was developed, SEO opportunities were identified through competitor analysis, keyword analysis, and persona building.
- Content development – Blogging, Infographics, Videos were created – addressing the reasons why prospective parents/teachers(Brand Personas) are interested in a Christian education & why they feel it is beneficial/essential to be a part of this mission.
- Prioritized and initiated action around the process, product, people, technology, and promoted the content across various channels.
- Launched and amplified SEO campaign using a combination of highly targeted & long tail keywords that are delivering.
- Provided detailed reports outlining key metrics and tied to customer acquisition.
Trained school staff on basic SEO.
- The school grew from 5 to 35 and now to 70 students within one year of starting Acumen services.
- We receive about 25 email inquiries a month from March –
- 56 families (representing over 100 kids) attended a school tour and 33 families (representing 60 kids) submitted applications.
- Every 7 months of the year (August – February), we typically receive around 10 inquiries a month.
- Admission inquiry emails from families who find our website from an internet search account for over 75% of all inquiries we receive.
- We are now full and have a waiting list for every grade level.
We get teachers from referrals. When teachers hear about the quality of academics and teaching environment . . . they want to be here!